In Florida, hurricane and tropical storm force wind damage can be extremely destructive to home and business properties. Unfortunately, insurance companies oftentimes underpay on hurricane and related types of wind claims. That’s why you should call us first.
When wind damage occurs, it can wreak havoc on your schedule – regardless of whether the damaged property is your home or your business. There are several priorities that you must keep in mind during the time that your property is damaged, such as:
- Keeping it protected
- Getting it repaired
- Preventing additional damage, as well as theft or vandalism
Depending on whether the property is residential or commercial, you will also have other concerns, as well. For example, as a home owner, you may have coverage needs such as:
- Damage to your dwelling or other covered structures
- Additional living expenses if you are not able to reside in your home during the time of its repair
- Removal of trees or other debris from the property
- Temporary boarding of pets during repair of the dwelling
- Medical payments to third parties who were injured on the property
Likewise, as a business owner, there are also many serious concerns. These may include the following:
- Damage to the property structure itself
- Injuries to third parties on the property during the damaging event
- Loss of income incurred during the time of repair
- Permanent loss of customers due to the incident
Regardless of whether your wind damage insurance claim is large or small, many home owners and business owners do not end up collecting all of the money that they are entitled to on these types of claims simply because they do not know the ins and outs of the insurance claims process.
When you report your claim, your insurance company will send an adjuster and then schedule any needed repairs. However, the adjuster that is sent typically works for the insurance company – not you – and will therefore not have your best interest in mind. This is where a public adjuster like People’s Insurance Claim Center, Inc. can help.
As a public adjuster, PICC works exclusively for you, the policy holder – not the insurance company – in filing and settling wind damage claims. We work to get you the settlement amount that you deserve so that you can get your home or business – as well as your life – back on track.
Whether you are a business owner with a commercial claim or a homeowner seeking to settle a residential property claim, PICC will work with you in getting you the proper settlement – even if your initial claim has already been denied. For more information, contact us today.